Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Welcome to ConcordiaReader! If you love reading and discussing the Lutheran Confessions, then I'm glad to make your acquaintance. I look forward to connecting with you and others across the globe who share a love for these Confessions.

Having been a Concordia reader for quite some time, I own several editions as well as several books about the Book of Concord. On ConcordiaReader, I am writing a book on-line. I invite you to join me as I read through and reflect upon the Lutheran Confessions and some of these other writings. I hope that my thoughts and reflections inspire you to keep a copy of the Concordia on your livingroom coffee table, right where some visitor will ask: What's that? Or if you're not so bold, I hope that I can at least talk you into putting a copy on your bedroom nightstand, where you can thumb through a few pages each evening before going to bed. The Concordia is a book that everyone should read. (It is even available on-line at bookofconcord.org).

Confessions time. Even though it has been sitting on my desk at church since early July, I just opened Concordia The Lutheran Confessions: A Reader's Edition of the Book of Concord (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 2005). This edition promises to be "reader friendly". If you don't already have a copy of the Book of Concord, order this edition through CPH today. At $20, it is the most affordable Concordia on the market.

1 comment:

reader said...

Thanks to both of you for visiting. My plans are to add an entry at least every Wednesday. Last week (8/17) I was (joyfully) distracted from my blog by the impending birth of child #2 (who was born Saturday; a healthy girl).