Friday, November 10, 2006

The Small Catechism from the 1854 Henkel Concordia is now up and running at catechismreader. Portions of the Large Catechism are being gradually added as I am able.

Working my way through the Ten Commandments, I find myself praying for the Creed (and Baptism, the Lord's Supper, and the Brief Exhortation to Confession), as the Commandments are nothing but the strictest preaching of the Law intended to kill the sinner dead in his tracks, with no path of escape. You who think yourselves righteous - read what Luther says of the 10 Commandments in the Large Catechism; and if you still think yourselves righteous, then I can be of no help to you.

1 comment:

reader said...

Slow and steady progress is being made. To date, content has been added through the Lord's Prayer in the Large Catechism; however, the material is still in its rough form (with typographical errors all over the place!) But, as with the motto of the Tortoise and the Hare...