Monday, December 18, 2006

Unexpected Gifts

A while back, my classmate Pastor Juhl posted about a box from Amazon that unexpectedly appeared on his doorstep one day, filled with books from his Amazon wish list. I thought of him today when my wife came home from the post office, asking if I was expecting a package in the mail. (I usually am, but this time I wasn't.) Here's what we found when we opened the box.


Another classmate of mine had stopped by earlier this year, having come with a small group of men on a fishing expedition to northern Minnesota. One of the men from his group very kindly remembered us and sent us this beautiful cross as a Christmas gift. My wife was so delighted that it went almost immediately from the box to our living room. - Thank you, Harold! Our best to you and Martha as we watch and wait for the Coming One and anticipate the Christmas celebration of His holy Nativity.

1 comment:

reader said...

Looking back at the post, I see that I neglected to mention that Harold made this cross in his workshop. It is a good size, roughly 9" x 14". (It sounds like he is quite busy during the month of December making similar ornaments.)